Cura 5.3.1 won't open after install

cadeleger

Posted · Cura 5.3.1 won't open after install

I've been trying for a couple of days now to get Ultimaker Cura 5.3.1 to open. I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, etc, but it won't open. I have Windows 10 Home Edition on an Acer laptop. Any clues on what I can do? I've even done a factory reset on the laptop.

• 3 weeks later...

Cura 5.3.0. worked fine until Windows 10 22H2 update. After that it opened to the "Initializing package manager" screen and just spins. I've waited an hour and it never moved on.  Uninstalled 5.3.0 and installed 5.3.1, same issue.

Uninstalled 5.3.1, rebooted, installed 5.3.1 in the C:\UltiMaker Cura 5.3.1 directory instead of the default. Still won't get past the initializing screen.

Disabled my 2nd monitor. Rebooted. Launched Cura 5.3.1 - still sticks at initializing screen.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro at update 22H2 with an AMD Radeon HD 5670 video card.

What else should I try?

Thanks

I found elsewhere a reference to deleting all old cura roaming profiles "..\Roaming\cura".

I had 2 entries, one for 4.1.0 which is for my 'Cura for Cubicon' install (stuck at 4.1.0 as I have a Cubicon Prime M22Z) and one for 5.3.  I renamed "5.3" to "NOT OLD5_3" and relaunched Cura 5.3.1.  Success!

Cura complained (a lot!) about configuration errors, so I just chose the reset option.  

Cura 5.3.1 starts whenever I launch it!  Yay!  I'll deal with the fiddly bits as needed.

BTW- Cura created a new "5.3" folder after it started working correctly.

HTH