Printing a model with a bridge overlay

TheRockSignGuy

Posted · Printing a model with a bridge overlay

Hi everyone, I am new to 3D printing and while I scour the internet for answers I wanted to post a question here. I am trying to just create 3d prints of text for stamps we do. I have attached photos of an example of what I am after, the 3d render creating the .3mf, the slice preview in cura and so far the output and I am getting. It may be my inexperience and those are some sort of support it is building as it is not connected to the actual letters as you can see in the last photo.  If this is a support structure, this seems like a waste, is there a better way to do this?

And lastly, the bed seems level, but just the A and R have parts missing, what could cause that?

thank you

image.thumb.png.793e477855241f19dcad1eb497a650f0.png

May be an image of text

image.thumb.png.0146f1449ee95db5b4982bfa73fe3679.png

May be an image of text

Posted (edited) · Printing a model with a bridge overlay

Based on the photos you provided, it appears that the issue you are facing is with the supports generated in your 3D print. The supports seem to be disconnected from the actual letters, resulting in wasted material. To improve this, you can try adjusting the support settings in your slicing software (such as Cura) to generate more efficient and connected supports. Experimenting with different support settings, such as density and pattern, can help achieve better results.

Regarding the missing parts on the letters, it could be caused by various factors, including improper bed leveling, insufficient adhesion, or printing speed. Make sure your printer's bed is properly leveled and that the first layer adheres well to the bed. Adjusting print speed and temperature settings may also help improve the print quality of intricate details.

Edited by Dustin
    Do not include self promotion in responses to users.

There are a couple of things...

The print quality is not good.  What printer are you using?

Putting the letters onto the bridge piece means you will need support.  When I do things like this I make the letters thicker so I can inset  the bridge into the letters.  That allows everything to print flat and no support is required.

This would print without any scarring.

image.thumb.png.fae1c259f8158281804260f64cb5d7e6.png

Thank you! I am using a Anycubic Chiron but I am not worried about quality as imperfections add to the character, so I am trying to focus on speed and then adjust if I need better quality. 

I realized as you mentioned I need to print the connections on the flat...so As you mentioned I inset them and mirrored my text so its on the flat and inset. 

Thank you both for the quick responses I am looking forward to learning and printing more!