Error messages

ultimakermaker
Go to solution Solved by ultimakermaker,

Posted · Error messages

Like many people, it seems, I'm receiving model error messages about extra surfaces.  There are no extra surfaces.  Everything is manifold per Blender and no errors.  When I slice the model in Ulimaker Cura, it looks like it's printing properly.  All these errors confuse me.  Having come from CNC routing in which you import an image and design the model in the cutting program--no problems at all--I'm confused to see all these alerts when importing from Blender, which is usually the go-to place to fix things outside Autodesk.  I want to simply print the model based on the slice preview, but I also do not want to waste a bunch of filament or mess up my printer.  Advice?

• Solution
    Posted · Error messages

I figured it out.  I use IdeaMaker for import as it has detailed reporting and error correction.  Then I export from IM and import into UM Cura.  I don't really care about the errors--just how to fix them.  Frankly, when I build something in Blender or anywhere else, the errors shouldn't exist  at all and reflect non-standardized, fragmented, poorly developed build systems.  That IM can fix it (slowly) is awesome.  That UM Cura is easy on the eyes and has a variety of pre-made printer templates, also awesome.  So--although this is sort of a dumb problem that shouldn't exist but does and isn't really fixed, the dual-system workaround works.  If Idea Maker's UI looked a little better, there wouldn't even be a need for a dual system.