Max accel/jerk values in default profile question

SlowEvo

Posted · Max accel/jerk values in default profile question

Printer: Ender 3 S1 Pro

Cura Version: 5.3.1

Was checking the default profiles and saw that, for example, "machine_max_acceleration_x" has a value of 500. Max jerk is set to 10.

See lines 15-18 for acceleration and lines 21-23 for jerk in the attached image.

Not sure if it helps but I also attached a .3mf file that I quickly made just for example. Accel and jerk values are the notable changes.

Does this mean if I change the value of acceleration in the slicer to say 600 it won't actually go to 600 and will instead be limited to 500?

If so can I modify the file to a higher value? That also wouldn't change any setting in the firmware, correct? I'm still learning all of this and between slicer and firmware settings I get a bit confused.

Note that I have not checked this out with a test print to see if the values will go higher. I probably wouldn't even know if they did unless I made it drastically higher.

Thank you for the help!

Screenshot 2023-07-03 161536.png

Jerk&Accel Settings.3mf