Jump to content

Multiple issues, any help appreciated


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Multiple issues, any help appreciated

Hello all!  My first post here and this is my first 3D printer.  For the most part I've been enjoying it immensely. 

 

I've got an Ender 3 Neo, about 2 months old now.  Printer did well for about 6 weeks then I moved it to our storage room to print abs as the ambient temperature out there now is about 100F.  If my memory serves me correctly I had this same issue inside the house when printing large surface areas (Photo 1) prior to moving the printer to the storage room. 

IMG_3879.jpg

 

Our relative humidity here hasn't gone above about 30%.  I've got a temp and humidity monitor next to the printer.  Filament is Polymaker PLA Pro (orange)(nozzle 200c, bed 60c) and Polymaker ABS (nozzle 255, bed 95c, glue stick adhesion on back side of carborundum bed, glass only) .  Photos 2, 3, and 4 are before the following attempts at corrective actions.  Last photo is after these corrective actions:

 

IMG_4050.jpg

 

IMG_4036.jpg

 

IMG_4038.jpg

 

  • Checked that the entire hot end assembly wasn't loose on the gantry (is that the right word?)  Result: No play
  • Checked that the bed wasn't loose on the gantry.  Result: No play
  • Reset Z offset.  This was off slightly.  Initial adjustment I did when machine was new was -1.94.  Adjustment yesterday was -1.79.   
  • Leveled the bed.  It was off previously as I noticed the z axis moving with x and y movements.  Result: Now no Z axis movement when moving across X and Y.
  • Did quick nozzle check, fed filament through and check for curling, etc.  Result: Filament came out straight. 

 

IMG_4062.PNG

 

I did notice the ABS has a tendency to ooze more than the PLA when nozzle/bed are heating up.  Also, when I setup the filament in Cura, I didn't know the exact density.  Found a value for this online somewhere but it wasn't polymaker so don't know if that is an issue??

 

In addition, I tried to print the test print in abs at a higher Z offset, went from -1.79 to -1.69 but the part didn't stick.  At that point I was kind of frustrated and switched over to PLA to continue testing as I was tired of cleaning glue and reapplying for each test.....  Should I have moved the z offset in smaller increments?

 

Thanks for any suggestions with next steps to take!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by kevinlongisland
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
          • Like
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
          • Like
        • 3 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...