CURA - Auto Loading Projects Settings - Saving Settings with the project - QUESTION

Rockpoint

Posted (edited) · CURA - Auto Loading Projects Settings - Saving Settings with the project - QUESTION

Hello All, I'm sure this has come up .... 

Can Cura be made to save settings with the project file so that when a project is opened, the settings are automatically updated to reflect those contained in the project file?

In almost every App I have worked with, the project settings are saved with the project file - thus, when opening the project file it resets the App to include all those minor tiny changes made during the previous session.

As you know, when trying to get a specific file to print well we may make loads of minor tweaks. This being said - its quite a task to save a profile for every single tiny permutation of a models requirement.

So ... am i simply missing something or is this the way Cura works ... that I need to save every used combination of settings for every project as a separate profile and remember which version it was when reloading a project from a previous session?

I really hope there is a setting I have missed or that my Cura is just not working correctly, or a workaround - otherwise this will be painful.

Edited by Rockpoint
Missed important part in the title

• Rockpoint changed the title to CURA - Auto Loading Projects Settings - Saving Settings with the project - QUESTION
    Posted (edited) · CURA - Auto Loading Projects Settings - Saving Settings with the project - QUESTION
    1 hour ago, Rockpoint said:

Can Cura be made to save settings with the project file so that when a project is opened, the settings are automatically updated to reflect those contained in the project file?

That is exactly what Cura does, when loading a project file. Unless you told it to load just the models, and not to ask you again. In de General preferences in Cura, what does "Default behavior when opening a project file" say?

Are you saving projects after making your tweaks? File -> Save project...

Edited by ahoeben

Posted · CURA - Auto Loading Projects Settings - Saving Settings with the project - QUESTION
    53 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

That is exactly what Cura does, when loading a project file. Unless you told it to load just the models, and not to ask you again. In de General preferences in Cura, what does "Default behavior when opening a project file" say?

Thank you for your response - I will attach my settings in this respect ... 

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 14.23.09.png

Posted · CURA - Auto Loading Projects Settings - Saving Settings with the project - QUESTION
    55 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

Also here, in this attachment, you will see that when opening in this mode there is a little black star in the top right next to the Profile Drop Down and an info message box ........ but this seems to lead nowhere and its not clear what course of action is now required.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 14.22.17.png

The little star is a mark to show that there are settings changed relative to the profile you have selected. These settings were loaded with the project. So, as far as I can see, the settings were indeed saved in the project and restored when you loaded the project.

2 hours ago, Rockpoint said:

is this the way Cura works ... that I need to save every used combination of settings for every project as a separate profile

Can you elaborate why you think that you have to manually keep track of settings after saving and loading back a project file? Because Cura should save the settings with the project file (and as far as I can tell from the screenshot, it seems to do just that).