Bug nozzle size

arnau94

Posted · Bug nozzle size
Good afternoon, I have a bug that doesn't let me use the 0.4 and 0.6 nozzle. It doesn't appear in the list of nozzles in the "prepare" tab. I have tried deleting and installing the cure again, nothing. I have tried deleting the files and starting it again, nothing. I have tried to look for where the nozzles are located in the files and nothing. Does anyone know what can happen?

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-18 144940.png

Posted · Bug nozzle size

Note: the following assumes Cura comes with a profile for your printer. If you had to download one from elsewhere then it's similar in theory but you edit files in a different folder (%APPDATA%\cura\5.4\).

The config files for nozzles are located in C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.4.0\share\cura\resources\variants\ (then subdirectory for your printer's manufacturer).

The files themselves are pretty simple. Here's an example for a Creality Ender-3 (creality_ender3_0.4.inst.cfg):

[general]
    definition = creality_ender3
    name = 0.4mm Nozzle
    version = 4

[metadata]
    hardware_type = nozzle
    setting_version = 22
    type = variant

[values]
    machine_nozzle_size = 0.4

TBH I don't know what the version numbers mean. But they're not hugely important here.

The main parts are the definition, which is the filename of your printer's config file in C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.4.0\share\cura\resources\definitions, minus the .def.json and the machine_nozzle_size which actually specifies the size (although you should probably set the name too or else things get real confusing).

If there are nozzle definitions for your printer already, then you can just create copies, just give them the appropriate filename and change the name and machine_nozzle_size values.