Support brim not showing up even if option checked

Goodix33
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Support brim not showing up even if option checked

Hi, 

I use Cura 5.4.0 on MacOs, the issue is the same on windows. 

When I choose to add supports on a print, the adherence setting goes automatically to None.

I have the option "Supports brim" checked but when I slice the part the brim is not there. 

To make the brim appear I have to manually select at least skirt in adherence parameters. 

It's annoying, it would be better to not change automatically the adherence parameter or to add the support brim even if it's on none... 

• Solution
    Posted · Support brim not showing up even if option checked

Hello,

Yes, it's annoying and it's the topic of three or four bug reports on Github.  I think it will be fixed in the next release but for now you must have some sort of "Bed Adhesion" set in order to get the support brim to work.

You can set Bed Adhesion to "Skirt" and set the "Skirt Line Count" to 0.  That will keep any skirt from showing up but will fool the bug and allow the Support Brims to form.

The main problem is that without the support brim, the supports themselves still don't start until the second layer so they don't stick well and are subject to failure.