Upgrading

MikiDog

I have searched and cannot find step by step instructions for neophytes like me on upgrading.

How do I upgrade 5.2.2 to 5.4.0 without losing the ability to return to 5.2.2 if I cannot make 5.4 work?  5.2.2 is working just fine for all the prints I have done so far.

I would prefer to not loose printer settings and profiles and have ability go go back to where I sit now if I fail with 5.4.0.

Please point me to instructions if they are available.

Thank you

MD

You can have 5.2.x and 5.4.x installed on your computer side-by-side. When you install a new version of Cura, it will make a copy of your configuration in the previous version, and the new version will start using that copy. The configuration of the older version will stay intact.

In previous versions of Cura, installing a new version of Cura would ask you if you wanted to remove the previous version(s), and if you told the installer to uninstall an older version that uninstaller would ask you if you wanted to remove the settings from that old version. If you choose both to uninstall the older version AND to remove all its settings data, then you would loose your previous configuration.

TLDR: if you want to have both versions side by side, then don't uninstall the older version, and whatever you do DO NOT let the uninstaller remove the settings from the older version.

• Like 1