Cura "Unable to Slice" - Check Build Volume, Enabled Extruder & Modifier Meshes

psalmist_35

Posted (edited) · Cura "Unable to Slice" - Check Build Volume, Enabled Extruder & Modifier Meshes

Hello folks new user here.  Thanks in advance for the welcome and responses/comments.

I'm relatively a new user to Cura.  I am currently using 5.4.0.

Here is my issue: I am working on my 2nd 3D printed guitar. I have a 400 x 400 x 400 Voxelab printer that allows me to print 1/2 of my project. I want to print mulitple infills within the same project. In the attached image I want the center block to be 60% infill. I figured out how to change the infill and the infill pattern. However, when I go to slice the project, I am receiving the following message: "Unable to Slice" with a list of things to check. I'm not certain I understand what is being flagged. Would someone please offer some direction?
Thanks in advance.  Richard.

Cura Message.jpg

Edited by psalmist_35

Posted · Cura "Unable to Slice" - Check Build Volume, Enabled Extruder & Modifier Meshes

Howdy. If you could provide the Cura project fil (the .3mf, go to File > Save Project) that would really help try and figure out the problem. If I had to guess, it's something wrong with your model, but without more information, it's really hard to tell. At the very least, next time upload a high enough resolution screenshot that we can read the errors 🙂

Posted (edited) · Cura "Unable to Slice" - Check Build Volume, Enabled Extruder & Modifier Meshes

I also loaded the project in Cura 4.12.1 and I get the same message.  The project slices just fine before trying the multi-infill.  

As far as the screen shot I guess the site uses extreme compression cuz it was good image 😉 

The message reads:

Unable to slice

Please review settings and check if your models:

- Fit within the build volume

- Are assigned to an enabled extruder

- Are not all set as modifier meshes

Cura Message-2.jpg

Cura Message.jpg

Edited by psalmist_35

Posted · Cura "Unable to Slice" - Check Build Volume, Enabled Extruder & Modifier Meshes

The mesh for the body of the guitar is set to be one that affects overlaps in other meshes - a modifier mesh, not as a regular object. Select the guitar body and click the button in the sidebar with the four squares and then click the square in the flyout menu to turn it into a regular mesh.

image.thumb.png.7d2fd09b81034655092a6e0936d85d1e.png

image.thumb.png.47e694daef0c1899ec894df2802b1d90.png

@Slashee_the_Cow Thank you so much for your help.  That was the solution I was looking for.

Thanks again!

27 minutes ago, psalmist_35 said:

@Slashee_the_Cow Thank you so much for your help

Happy to help. Mind if I ask you to mark my earlier post as the solution - both so that anyone else who has the same problem can find it easy, and because it increases the number next to check mark under my avatar 😄