Crash report

Mariangela

Posted · Crash report

Haven't seen that error before. Not sure how a material would cause a permission denied error to access files. So I guess:

1. I'll get the obvious one out of the way first: are you running it on the same user account which you used to install it? Because if you're not, then you won't have permission to access another user's files. I don't know if Cura will automatically create another config folder if another user runs it because it's never come up for me.
  2. Go to the Cura configuration folder, it's %APPDATA%/cura/5.4/ Might look weird, but just paste it into Windows Explorer and it'll go to the right place.
  3. Open the materials folder and delete the file for that material. The filenames are usually pretty descriptive, so you should be able to find the right one easily (and if you're not sure and delete others you use... just download them again).
  4. Go back up to the main configuration folder and make sure a folder called images exists. If not, right click, then go New > Folder and name it images.

If that doesn't fix it, reply and then we can get more technical.