Print suddenly aborts

Bennjell
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · Print suddenly aborts

Hello, i tried two times to print an object around 20 x 15 cm. Cura aborted the print now two times at nearlie the same place. Inbetween these two aborted prints I printed another big object and it worked out perfectly. So I guess Cura has a problem with that specific object. At the two pictures you can see the place, where the print aborted. The printer just stopped printig, the bed and nozzle were still at printing tempreature. I couldnt make a command through cura to get the nozzle up. I had to start Cura again to bring the nozzle up.

What do you think is the problem? Can you recommend a possible setting that could be responsible for the aborted prints at this specific object?

Thank you for your help:)

IMG_E3590.JPG

IMG_E3591.JPG

• Solution

Were you printing through Cura (which really only exists for legacy reasons) or using an SD card or a system like OctoPrint? If it's not the first, it's not really Cura's fault, and if it is the first, you should probably try the second, if available.

Still if you could please post the .3mf file for your project (in Cura go to File > Save Project) and the generated gcode we can have a look and see if there's anything that stands out as wrong.

• Like 1

Thank you you for your help! I printed all the time via USB-PC connection. Today I switsched to OctoPrint. Now the print didnt abort:) So the connection between pc and printer was the problem. I sliced it with cura the same as the past prints.

• 1 month later...
    2 hours ago, dbrandwood said:

If I remember correctly, I read that if your computer goes into standby it breaks the link to your printer.. turn  off your PC's energy saving settings so your PC stays on should cure the issue.

You remember correctly. However, printing directly from your PC is still not a great idea, as there's plenty of ways it can go wrong (like something freezes hard and you have to reboot).

• Like 1