unexpected error when slicing

Grolex

Posted · unexpected error when slicing

Hello, I'm having an error when attempting to slice, this is what I get from event viewer:

Faulting application name: CuraEngine.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6565e052
Faulting module name: polyclipping.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x629eef66
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000005964
Faulting process id: 0x2660
Faulting application start time: 0x01da272f3d7fbe9a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.6.0\CuraEngine.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.6.0\polyclipping.dll
Report Id: 6e4234ac-2385-40f7-b173-b78e53806ce7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I've searched for people with similar errors, but the only things I could find were related to graphics and other .dll files. I've uninstalled all versions of Cura and attempted to reinstall the newest 5.6.0 release, but I'm still unable to slice any file. I'm stuck and would appreciate help/direction.

Capture.PNG

• 4 months later...

For anyone hitting this post with the same error:

I also got this error, but I fixed it by selecting one of the default slicing profiles like "Dynamic Quality - 0.16 mm".

So I probably created the error by selecting something odd in the Advanced profile settings.

Starting with a fresh profile and adjusting settings and checking regularly if it's still working seems like a good idea...

I should probably post the error on the Cura GitHub repo, but I was more interested in fixing my immediate problem.

Sorry, about that 🫤

3 hours ago, Rudolfje said:

I should probably post the error on the Cura GitHub repo, but I was more interested in fixing my immediate problem.

The developers are so sick of looking for this bug that in 5.7.0 they added automatic slicing error reporting. Just make sure you have the Send engine crash reports setting in the Privacy section of the Cura preferences turned on:

image.png.12d39ce058915973ed60e01683098a7c.png

It's almost certainly not a problem with any particular quality profile setting. Sometimes you can get a successful slice after changing a setting (almost any of them, really) to something different, slicing, then changing it back and slicing it again. Or move your model slightly on the build plate and slice again.