Troubles in ultimaker cura

wingman123

Posted · Troubles in ultimaker cura

Good afternoon dear RS team

Two months ago I came up with the idea to start a DIY project, constructing an electric efoil. After two months of searching and thinking about the necessary materials, I have already purchased 80 percent of the materials.

I recently came across the part, 3D printing. With a father as an architect, I am lucky to be able to use the 3D printer (ultimaker S5) for my project. I don't have a technical background myself, so this is really a challenge.

The first parts were printed and I quickly noticed that there were a few glitches during the process. I solved that myself by watching videos. The 3D printer does its job, now we still have to do the technical part of the settings of the 3D printer and the files in thingoverse.
I downloaded 2 files in stl on a USB and then printed them with my ultimaker S5, but the first part that I wanted to print did not come out nicely. The holes for the screws were not 100% and then the second part did not print the last part, which caused a height difference and that cost filament.
All the parts I designed were made in the Fusion 360 app.
If you could help with this, I would like to put all the files in a document and see if the parts are all correct. It is a box that I want to print.

Here is some more information about my settings now:
Core print 1 —> AA0.4mm white tough PLA
Core print w —> BB0.8mm red PETG
Now I have had to change the support to core-print 1 (AA0.4mm) white tough PLA, because my filament red PETG 2.85mm thick is too thick to run through the core-print 1 AA0.4mm. Now I have read that the core print BB0.8mm is not intended for printing the base, the BB core prints are for the support layer.
If you have experienced any problems with this, which core board would you recommend for the ultimaker S5?

In connection with the settings of the Ultimaker Cura app, I watched a video and I was mainly told: that the speed of printing plays an important role, the temperature of the core prints, check that you have detected the correct filament , for a better result you can use a glue stick on the print bed,..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg