Print settings don't seem to be saving to gcode

Posted · Print settings don't seem to be saving to gcode

When I print my Cura files, all of the settings I have get reset and I have to manually change the settings on my printer and it's really annoying. I looked at the gcode of one of my prints to see if it was something with the gcode, and it has the line "M109 S[material_print_temperature_layer_0]", which looks to me like its setting the print temp to 0 instead of what I have in my settings, which is happening when I try to print the file, but i just recently started 3d printing so I don't understand gcode and I don't know how to fix this.

CE3V3SE_grinch.gcode

Posted (edited) · Print settings don't seem to be saving to gcode

M109 S[material_print_temperature_layer_0]

Cura uses curly brackets for replacement patterns.  The "Initial Layer" is indeed layer 0 in the gcode.  That line should read:

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0}

I would suggest a couple of changes so bed leveling happens with the bed hot and the hot end warmed up.  Go to "Manage Printers" and then "Machine Settings".  Adjust the startup gcode.

M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    M220 S100 ;Reset Feedrate
    M221 S100 ;Reset Flowrate

M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;start to heat the bed

M104 S150 ; warm up the nozzle

M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; wait for the bed

G28 ;Home

M420 S1; Enable mesh leveling

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
    G1 Z10.0 F3000 ; 2mm isn't enough...move up more so there is room for oozing under the nozzle
    M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;move this up a line so heating takes place at X0 Y0.
    G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position

blah...blah...blah

Cura adds a retraction of 0.8mm right before the skirt/brim starts.  Your startup has a 1.0 retraction in it as well.  So when the skirt starts the filament is 1.8mm behind the nozzle, but the prime is only 0.8mm so you are going to print about 30mm with no plastic coming out.

Edited by GregValiant