Not everything is getting supported

4real999

Posted · Not everything is getting supported

Hi!

I have a problem with the generated supports.

There are some areas were no support is generated and I can't find any setting to modify this.

Changing the angle is also not working.

grafik.thumb.png.52e554d9ab133a442a5226c99b6008fe.png

grafik.thumb.png.0318ca99465448ef80812544439a048e.png

Thanks in advance!

Ingmar

Posted · Not everything is getting supported

It's really hard to see from the screenshots what might be the problem. If you could post the project file (.3mf, in Cura get it ready to print then go to File > Save Project) that'd really help.

If I had to take a quick guess off the top of my head? Make sure Support > Minimum Support Area is set to 0mm².

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Not everything is getting supported
    4 hours ago, 4real999 said:

I changed the Minimum Support Area is set to 0mm², but it didn't changed anything.

Weird. I loaded your project and after playing around with almost every other setting I found that setting the minimum support area to 0.18mm² or lower added support to those bits.

Any chance you could post the creality_ender3v3ke.def.json file you're using (you'll have to put it in a zip file first)? I just copied my profile for the E3V3SE (to actually get the project to load, if you don't have that project's printer definition it'll only import the models).

The other option: switch to regular support. Yes, I can see why that seems like a terrible idea, but there's a but coming.

Switch to regular support but go to Experimental > Enable Conical Support and turn that on. Set the angle to about whatever overhang you can pull off (for me it's about 55° using PLA) and the minimum width to something reasonably low (I'm looking at 2.5mm here). Yes, it'll still build support structure up through the whole thing but it'll be fairly small until it expands right below the roof.

image.thumb.png.9bd1e3fa9697f3420998fffe87595bdd.png

And as you can see, it's supporting those bits the trees weren't - they can be a bit finicky with small things around the bottom of stuff. I'd love for @ThomasRahm to come in and correct me if necessary (it's stuff I'd like to know, as well as wanting to make sure other people get the right information). I think it has something to do with the main trees being well before the point they'll split into branches and not having room for a trunk below such a tiny thing. Although since it worked for me when I changed the minimum support area, I'm wrong about something in there (if I had to guess... trunk size can be relative to support area?).

Edit: forgot to mention. Not sure you can pull off a 0.1mm layer height with a 0.4mm nozzle.

Edited by Slashee_the_Cow
    added layer height bit
    • Like 1

Posted (edited) · Not everything is getting supported

This is just minimum height to model being set to 3mm preventing trees with smaller height from being generated.

If you set minimum height to model to 1mm it looks like the attached image.

grafik.png

Edited by ThomasRahm