Problems with Cura after RAM Upgrade

dvlstx

Posted · Problems with Cura after RAM Upgrade

I have been using CURA 5.4.0 very successfully for about 6 months.  However, I went to upgrade the RAM on my machine (from 8GB to 32GB).  My machine is running quite quickly now, however, CURA is unusable at this point.  No menus show data, and I can't see any menu headers.  I have done the following:

• Installed Cura 5.6.0 - Same Issue
  • Ran Windows Memory Checker - No errors found
  • Uninstalled, removed all artifacts of, and Re-installed Cura 5.6.0 - Same Issue
  • Changed from Dark Mode to Light Mode - By editing the Config file (as I can't do it through the GUI) - Same Issue
  • Removed the only plugin I have installed - By removing the Plugin via Windows Explorer (as I can't do it through the GUI) - Same Issue
  • I do not have ChiTuBox installed 
  • I do not have OctoPrint
  • I have installed the most recent C++ Redistributable - Same Issue
  • I have ran the compatibility Wizard in Windows - tried changing to Windows 8 Compatibility - Same Issue
  • Creality Slicer V4.8 - has the same issue

**I switched to trying V5.6 because I have all of my settings on 5.4 and I didn't want to lose any of it**

I can click on the open button and can select an STL File, and it will load.  However, after that, it is completely unusable.  

After awhile Cura will ultimately go unresponsive and I will have to kill it.  

I am at my wits end, as this application worked great before I upgraded the RAM.  I really don't want to have to learn a new Slicer, but for the record Orca loads and works fine.  

I have attached some screenshots of what I see.  In addition, I have uploaded a logs - one is after it opened, but unusable, the other is an open and i had to kill the application

Any help would be most appreciated.  

cura4.png

cura3.png

Cura2.png

Cura1.png

CuraLogAfterCrash.pdf CuraLogAfterOpeningUnuseableAndClose.pdf

Posted · Problems with Cura after RAM Upgrade
    7 hours ago, dvlstx said:

Uninstalled, removed all artifacts of, and Re-installed Cura 5.6.0 - Same Issue

Did you remove (or in my case I'd just rename so I've got a backup) the whole Cura config folder (%APPDATA\cura\)?. If you have settings/plugins/whatever from a previous version in there it'll just migrate them when you first launch 5.6 (or whatever version you try) and if somehow they're messed up that will copy over). You don't have to reinstall Cura or anything, just make sure no versions of Cura are open and rename the folder.

You shouldn't need to change the compatibility settings (and if you did, I'd change them back).

7 hours ago, dvlstx said:

Creality Slicer V4.8 - has the same issue

Have you tried Creality Print? Totally not a confusing name, but it's based on a newer version of Cura.

Speaking of that, have you tried an older version of Cura? See if 4.13.1 works. I'm not saying using it all the time is a solution, just a test to see if it behaves any differently.