Installing Material Files off of Market place

Pridanc
Go to solution Solved by Pridanc,

Posted · Installing Material Files off of Market place

Folks, 

I am trying to download a material file ( FL105-PP Braskem/Extellar) into my list of materials.  From Marketplace, I chose the file and then close and reopening the slicer.  For some reason I never see the file under Prepare where I typically go to select a filament.  Now I realize that I can, through a bit of testing, set all the parameters myself but I like it when I can get the material file to begin with and make changes from there. 

Perhaps it is because my "not stock but close" Ender 3 V2 is seen as not good enough for PP? (although I print with it now)  Love to know your thoughts and if there is an override if that is what is needed to get the material to appear in my list.

Thanks in advance, PC

https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/materials/1234567/FL105PP

The reason your not seeing it for your Ender 3 V2, is because the Material Profile isn't for your Ender.
    Its for the UltiMaker S5 and S7 as it states.

Material Profiles in the marketplace are generally only for UltiMaker 3d printers not 3rd party printers.

Dustin,

Thanks for the info.

By chance if I change the name of my printer to one of the Ultimaker models, will that work?

If not, and you are saying there is no possible work around no worries and TY!

PC

No that wont work, also not recommended either your likely to cause damage to your printer doing that.

There is no workarounds for this, no - at least with the Marketplace profiles.

You can however contact the filament manufacturer and ask them for profiles for your printer and they might have them.

Or someone here from the community could help you create one from scratch

• Solution

Dustin,

TYVM and no worries. I already have a PP profile and from their own literature feel that I can make the changes necessary.

Lets call this one closed OK?

Stay well, 

PC

• Like 1