USB drive for Elegoo Neptune 4 (windows 10 64 bit)

Posted · USB drive for Elegoo Neptune 4 (windows 10 64 bit)

HI expert,

I bought aelegoo-neptune-4-cura. I downloaded the software from your official website.
I noticed the Neptune 4 is not available on the list. I added it manually as mentioned in the below website:
Neptune-4-Cura-EN1.webp
I tested and calibrated these Cura settings for the Neptune 4, enhancing prints in PLA, ABS, PETG, and TPU. A complete Cura Settings Guide.
the3dprinterbee.com

I am using the USB C cable between the laptop and the 3D printer. I am wondering if it should be under COM or PRINTER in the device manager.

In Windows is would be under "PORTS (COM & LPT)" .

USB printing is possible on some printers, but not all printers.  The advice you will get here will boil down to "Don't print over the USB".

1e.png.a6d616acc2b68ce28cd649bf55b3dabb.png

Thank you for your swift response.

It is not showing under either under COM or Printers.

I am really shocked how it will not print. Why the company developed an application for windows enviroment if it will not work.

The answer to that is easy.  It was originally developed for the early UM printers but it was so prone to glitches (Windows updates, power outage, and several other problems) that it was abandoned in favor of printing over a network.  The reason it is still included is that many of those early printers are still in service.

There are so many hardware, software, driver, and firmware combinations out there that getting it to work with all of them just isn't possible.  You will notice that none of the "members of the community" have bothered to try and fix it.  Whoever did would be a hero.  So far, no one has wanted any part of that black hole.  Maintenance would be a nightmare.  You would need one of "every printer and every computer ever made on the planet" to debug it.

I print from the SD card but my computer is hooked up to the printer at all times via USB as I run the printer from an app I wrote.  I can list the files on the SD, pick the file to print, tell the printer to print it, and then I can tune the print without having to ever touch the printer.  If I am printing over-night I unplug the USB or disconnect from the network so Microsoft can't push an update.  That always causes the computer to reboot which in turn causes the printer to re-boot and the print is scrapped.

Thank you @GregValiant & @Dustin 

I do not want to print via USB. I want o connect to the printer to show the design file then save it into the Disk.

What is the process to connect it to a windows machine please?

At the moment, I am using it with macbook as follow. I open the cura application load the design rotate it change the temperature or anything else then save to disk after that eject the disk load into the 3d printer.

Is there any YT video or documentation showing how to configure aelegoo-neptune-4 on Windows platform please?