Ultimaker won't boot fully anymore (S3)

Go to solution Solved by Dustin,

Posted · Ultimaker won't boot fully anymore (S3)

Hello,

so i'm currently tasked with setting up a Ultimaker S3 for my school but ran into a problem during that. Cura made it seem like i have to connect myself at all cost, so i put the Printer into the only Wifi network i could without being an admin which is the free city wifi. Problem is that you have to verify yourself over a website, he just connected himself without any issues as it seemed, but after restarting it it won't boot anymore. I assume it suddenly became an issue for it and now it stops at trying to connect to the wifi. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes already just looking at the Ultimaker S3 logo, the fan was running for a few seconds but stopped, lights are on but nothing is working... I already restarted another time with alot hesitation since i don't like disruption booting progresses, but 10 minutes seemed way too long.

Does anyone know if you can reset the printer without booting it, or any other way to fix that?

Thanks in advance,

Rawe

• Solution

Generally not a good idea to put the printer on a public wifi..
    You can do a firmware recovery guide here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1877434822572

You very much can use the S3 in an offline mode as well.
    Sign in to UltiMaker Cura is not at all required.

But, UltiMaker does not offer direct support via the community.

I would recommend contacting UltiMaker Support for assistance

here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/contactsupport

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Generally not a good idea to put the printer on a public wifi..
    You can do a firmware recovery guide here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1877434822572

You very much can use the S3 in an offline mode as well.
    Sign in to UltiMaker Cura is not at all required.

But, UltiMaker does not offer direct support via the community.

I would recommend contacting UltiMaker Support for assistance

here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/contactsupport

I'll keep that in mind then, he disconnected himself after trying to start another time, but yeah, i'm aware that it wasn't my best idea.

It miraculously works now again, but thank you for your reply 😄