Cura transparent Window after opening on Plasma 6 and in Hyprland

Posted (edited) · Cura transparent Window after opening on Plasma 6 and in Hyprland

After upgrading to Plasma 6, I can no longer open cura properly. Does not matter if it is installed from Pac or if I use the app image. Once cura opens its a transparent window.

Nvidia driver 550.54.14. Cura Version 5.6, Plasma 6, Hyprland or Qtile.  Using NVIDIA-DKMS, Arch Linux

image.thumb.png.b67d409454f4c60dc161baab3cd801b1.png

Edited by bsilverthorn

Posted · Cura transparent Window after opening on Plasma 6 and in Hyprland

UltiMaker only releases app image for Linux and -only- on github
    here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases

If you got UltiMaker Cura -anywhere- else its not an official release of UltiMaker Cura so your issues with those are completely out of UltiMaker's control

With that said I would recommend reporting this issue over on github so they are aware of the bug.
    The community is not the best place to report bugs if you want to make sure it gets seen by the Dev Team.

Will do.  the app image came from the main website download link and the the 5.50 version from the github site, went back a version to see if that would work.

I still have an older 4.X version and its fine.

8 hours ago, bsilverthorn said:

Nvidia driver 550.54.14. Cura Version 5.6, Plasma 6, Hyprland or Qtile.  Using NVIDIA-DKMS, Arch Linux

I didn't think the Nvidia proprietary drivers supported Wayland yet? I could be wrong, it's hard to keep up with Nvidia barely caring about their Linux drivers.

I'm not sure Plasma 6 would be the root cause of the problem, running Plasma 5 on my openSUSE Tumbleweed (with Nvidia proprietary drivers) install I do get graphical glitches at when I start Cura, but they usually disappear and the normal content of the window appears after a few seconds. I don't think Cura has been updated to use Wayland (n.b. mostly an assumption, someone can come and correct me and I'll gladly admit I was wrong), does Plasma 6 change anything about how XWayland is used?

Posted (edited) · Cura transparent Window after opening on Plasma 6 and in Hyprland

Same issue here. Window is transparent with Nvidia 550.67-2, Cura and 5* version, ArchLinux, Wayland, Plasma or Gnome. Start either using X11 works fine. Cura 4.13.1 works fine under Wayland. However, running Cura 5.6.0 in Wayland on Debian 12 stable, Gnome 44.8-1, it works fine. A clue?

Edited by ltommy
    additional information

added  "export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb" to .bashrc fixed this