New Ender V3

timmackey

Posted · New Ender V3

Just assembled my new E3 V3. 
I believe it’s Klipper based which I have no experience of as I currently use an S1pro which I like lot.
I have a lot of profiles set up in Cura, version 4:12:1 to 5.6  and many G.Code files on sd cards.
1) Will I be able to just transfer the g.code files to a USB drive and print them on the new V3?
2) Can I use Cura with the V3 ( it’s what I’m familiar with ) 
3) If so, is there a machine settings profile for it that I can use?

Looks a nicely built machine apart from the ‘orrible spool and feeder arrangement-only done the supplied test print 13 minute benchy so far, so lots of familiarity left to do

Posted · New Ender V3

*browses Creality website*

Oh god, they're making it harder to differentiate between models. And the page for the Ender-3 V3 (not to be confused with the Ender-3 V3 SE or Ender-3 V3 KE) says it does run software based on Klipper.

AFAIK every other Ender series printer so far has just used Marlin, with a customised (and less useful) user interface on some of the newer models. Klipper does support a subset of Marlin commands, designed to be enough to be able to print a model from Marlin gcode. Which is good, because Cura doesn't have native support for Klipper (although there is a Klipper Settings plugin available and I have no idea what it does because I'm not running Klipper).

1. Probably. but bear in mind that the maximum build volume of the V3 is smaller (only 250mm instead of 270mm high).
    2. You could probably use Cura with a laser powerful enough to obliterate the Earth if you wanted to. But yes.
    3. There isn't a profile for the Ender-3 V3 (UltiMaker isn't responsible for profiles for third party printers, they need to be contributed by either the manufacturer or the community) but the profile for the Ender-3 V3 KE should be close enough.

It's entirely possible your print profiles might not transfer over automatically. You can try selecting your S1 Pro, export the profiles, switch to the V3 and import them. Otherwise... have two Cura windows open side by side and copy them over manually.

One thing I have to warn people about with most of the V3 series, this one included: Creality seems to be in a pissing contest to see who can make the fastest printer. Just because you can go fast doesn't mean you should. Most materials are designed to be printed at a certain speed, and to do stuff really fast you need special high speed PLA. You should manually set the speed to whatever is appropriate for your material.