3D printer is not printing every part of my model? Blender -> Cura -> Ender-3 S1 Pro 3D Printer

Posted · 3D printer is not printing every part of my model? Blender -> Cura -> Ender-3 S1 Pro 3D Printer

Hi all,

I hope you are well!

I am totally new to 3D printing and have just created something in Blender to convert over to Cura. I know the printer works fine with the thicknesses I have made my model but for some reason it is having problems printing the inner parts of my model (it's a clay cutter).

I have attached the blender file as well as Cura file if anyone is able to tell me what I have done wrong? 

Cutter Design 1.3mf Cutter Design 1_1.stl

Posted (edited) · 3D printer is not printing every part of my model? Blender -> Cura -> Ender-3 S1 Pro 3D Printer

Sorry I forgot to add these...

1. Photo showing 'X' and 'X' are highlighting the area that didn't print at all.
    2. 'Prototype' shows the physical print result that I got
    3. Photo showing the two ticks is confirming what did successfully print.
    4. The slice preview highlights the areas that did successfully print but it doesn't highlight the parts that didn't print (obviously) - the question is what have I done wrong for the part that didn't print?

Printed.png

Prototype.jpg

X & X.png

slice preview.png

Edited by mrworldwide

Posted · 3D printer is not printing every part of my model? Blender -> Cura -> Ender-3 S1 Pro 3D Printer

Side note for anyone reading this.... For some reason in Cura it says my model is 100,000% scale which is weird... not sure why it doesn't just say '100%' AND I scaled the model up by 20% and it now prints correctly? This however isn't a solution as the model is now too large. I still don't understand why when I slice it - the model isn't highlighting all areas in preview mode to show it's going to print all of the model?

Blender wasn't created to make solid models for FDM printing.  You need to be careful or you will end up with errors in the model that will fool a slicer.

You can use an app like MS 3D Builder to attempt to repair the model, or you can go back to Blender and look at it closely and make sure there are no flipped surfaces, or extra internal surfaces, and that the model is watertight.  You are going to find some bad surfaces in that model as an incomplete slice is a sign of that.

You can try the Cura X-ray view which can highlight problems in the Prepare scene.  Cura will sometimes indicate an error by coloring a surface in a polka-dot pattern.

As for the decimal places - Cura will accept up to 4 decimal places in that box.  As to why it is showing 3 decimal places I don't know.