Extruder Moving Up and Down at certain points of the bed.

Posted · Extruder Moving Up and Down at certain points of the bed.

Hello,

I have a Neptune 3 Pro, and lately the extruder has been moving up and down at points of the bed. When trying to bring it down, it doesn't appear to work, and at some points it is scraping the bed, and others it is too high so the filament doesn't stick and gets dragged along the bed. I don't believe it is an issue with the heat bed being un even, but I haven't reset it or tightened it.

Posted · Extruder Moving Up and Down at certain points of the bed.

I'm moving this to the "third party products and modifications" board since this really isn't about improving print quality, just help with your printer.

But seriously, manually level your bed: Yes, I know it's a #$&!ing pain. Especially getting the Z offset right.

Check tightness on relevant parts: I have no idea what a Neptune 3 Pro is like. But in the case of my Ender-3 V3 SE it would be checking the tightness of the wheels which hold the X axis gantry onto the frame.

If you have ABL, run it on a regular basis: Things like the heat of the room can have an effect on the bed. I actually have my printer set to do an ABL run as part of the startup gcode (just put a line that says G29 immediately after the G28). Minute or two before printing to ensure I'm going to get the best result? Totally worth it.