Printer wont start with GCode

Posted · Printer wont start with GCode

I'm running a Creality CR-10v2 lately when i load a GCode to my SD card with Cura and tell the printer to start only the time starts on the printer.  I've reformatted the SD Card and uninstalled and reinstalled Cura running v5.7.1. I'm just trying to figure out if its a setting that is wrong or what.  It works fine with the slicer that came with the printer but i like the lay out of Cura better.

Post a Gcode file that works, and one that doesn't work.  Make sure the files are named so we can tell which is which.

There haven't been very many issues with the CR-10 family.  Early models couldn't use memory cards larger than 16mb and the file names had to be 16 characters or less.  I don't think those are true anymore, but I don't know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

When it makes a GCode file that doesn't work there's no data to it (1kb) file size compared to one with data (12000kb). I can see no real reason for it to not make a proper GCode file after it's sliced.  Maybe this is the information i should have started with sorry.

Use the "File | Save Project" command and post the 3mf file here.  It will contain your printer, the model, and your Cura settings.

I didn't have any trouble with it and the Gcode looks fine.  The bed and extruder heating commands are there.  It looks to me like it should print fine.

When you use a save or open command in Cura it just makes a call to the operating system to handle the event.  What operating system are you using.

If you save the gcode to your hard drive first and then copy the file to the SD card does that work?  You should be able to tell from the file size.  

Some work some don't that is the frustrating part.  Running windows 10. I'm going to try saving it to the hard drive then moving it to the SD and see if that solves the issues. 

Thank you!