Cura and all slicers not working

Posted · Cura and all slicers not working

I for a few days now had cura, prusa and creality slicers all crash when opened. I figured that my Gpu drivers was not installed. Once I reinstalled my drivers for the 9th time i got the software to work. This is just to tell people that not having drivers can cause all slicers to crash.

• Like 1

Posted · Cura and all slicers not working
26 minutes ago, tooktime said:

I for a few days now had cura, prusa and creality slicers all crash when opened. I figured that my Gpu drivers was not installed. Once I reinstalled my drivers for the 9th time i got the software to work. This is just to tell people that not having drivers can cause all slicers to crash.

Well Cura and Creality Print acting the same isn't that surprising, Creality Print is a fork of Cura. Cura itself should be able to work at a basic level using software rendering on a new enough computer, although the preview mode might not work since that requires support for OpenGL version 4.something, can't remember off the top of my head.

And folks: if you're going to reinstall your graphics drivers, you want Display Driver Uninstaller. Download the latest GPU drivers. Reboot into safe mode, disconnect from the internet (so Windows doesn't try and automatically download drivers) and run DDU. It'll wipe all traces of graphics drivers clean from your computer. Reboot, install the GPU drivers you downloaded earlier, then you can reconnect to your network.