Clean Nozzle - that can not be unclogged by the Hot Cold Pull method

Posted · Clean Nozzle - that can not be unclogged by the Hot Cold Pull method

I am using a ruby 0.4 nozzle to print with BASF PET CF15 on an S5. The minimum is likely 0.6 mm, but 0.4 works, with the occasional blockage (I can go 8-10 hours without one).

This last time it blocked, I could not unblock it with ethe hot cold pull methos.

For anyone interested, what did it is the following. I manually heated the head to 300 deg C (via the front panel). Manually pushing the cleaning fialment to try to unblock did not work. I then took a 30ga wire wrap wire and passed it backwards though the nozzle tip. I could then push the cleaning material through and seemed to work OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Accupuncture needles can be ordered for very little money on Ali in different diameters. They work well.

Ordered some from Amazon, will try them out - 0.25 mm - almost the exact size as 30 AWG wire.

Thanks