Cura Takes an Incredible Amount of time to load files

Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted (edited) · Cura Takes an Incredible Amount of time to load files

When I try to import files onto the build plate, it takes 10+ minutes for them to load. Does anyone know any fixes to this problem? I'm on a mac, and it's worked just fine up until a few days ago, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, and I still don't know what to do.

Edited by Dustin
Removed attachment - please dont upload things like this.

Posted · Cura Takes an Incredible Amount of time to load files

What Mac do you have, and what Cura version are you using? Some older Macs will technically run Cura, but in use it can be like crawl Cura.

Also how complex is your model? I've created 300MB+ STL files that have taken several minutes to load in Cura even on my high-end PC.

And can you think of anything that might have changed at the same time you started experiencing this problem? OS update? Started using a different mouse? You'd be surprised how often seemingly completely unrelated things can mess each other up.

You could also try doing a clean reinstall of Cura but move the configuration folder somewhere else on your hard drive instead of deleting it entirely so if it doesn't solve the problem you can restore all your settings just by moving it back.

I do have a pretty old mac, but Ive used it for months without any issues and all the sudden its a problem. I've just tried to slice some benchy files so far. I haven't changed a single thing on my settings in a long time, the only thing I can think of is that I hadn't used it for a couple weeks, but I don't expect that would do anything. I've noticed now that once I wait that initial wait time, files will go in just fine with just a second or two of wait time.

• Solution

You're not the only one, there's been reports of this before.

The solution someone offered (not sure if it worked) last time (or the time before, or... something):

1. Click Marketplace at the top right
    2. Click the gear icon at the top right of the marketplace window
    3. Scroll down to the "USB Printing" plugin (it'll be in the Bundled Packages section) and click Disable

Especially if that works for you (although even if it doesn't) you should probably submit a bug report detailing the situation.