Ender 3 printer stops mid-print and the screen blinks in and out

Posted · Ender 3 printer stops mid-print and the screen blinks in and out

Every time I start a print, after 10 to 30 minutes the screen blinks in and out and does not complete the print. Even when I try to restart the printer and continue the print it will do the same thing and won't work at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm sorry, but this isn't a support forum for third party printers. There's a pretty big community on Reddit at /r/ender3 that might be able to help you. I'm also moving this to the "third party hardware" board.

Although if I had to guess I'd put about 85% of my money on "your motherboard is having seizures", 10% on "your power supply is very indecisive" and 5% on "the power to the printer is unstable".

• Like 1

I would say it's the main ribbon from the head to inside the base cabinet. Mine played up after 3 months. 8 months later after fudging my way through, I finally threw in the towell. Comgrow (Creality), sent me a new ribbon, BOOM, sorted.

Creality printers fail in mysterious ways, but I don't see any logical reason (meaning it could still be the reason) that it would be the cable to the print head causing the entire printer to go 😭 on a predictable, reproducible basis. Whenever I've had a problem with the ribbon cable on my E3V3SE it's mostly made it act like the print head is possessed and does what it wants, not what the gcode tells it to.

• Like 1