Advice/Solution to Cura 5.7.0 unable to slice STL files

AzwadIH

Posted (edited) · Advice/Solution to Cura 5.7.0 unable to slice STL files

image.thumb.png.9b9bfc95411d5e999ec7fd5e98dd9507.pngimage.thumb.png.9e4718d16f85718f3f7d516ff8244fe1.png

I recently updated to Cura 5.7.0 and whenever I try slicing STL files, I get this error where it cannot slice and doesn't show the reasoning. What can I do to fix this issue? 

Edited by AzwadIH

Posted · Advice/Solution to Cura 5.7.0 unable to slice STL files

The slicing engine still has times when it throws a tantrum like that for no known reason. They're working on it, but AFAIK they haven't quite pinned down the source yet. That doesn't mean we can't try to help:

• Have you tried a bunch of different files, or just a couple?
    • Sometimes slicing errors like this can be fixed changing one of the quality settings (like line width) to something else, letting it slice, then changing it back.
    • Sometimes slicing errors like this can be fixed by you just moving your model a couple of mm.
    • Have you tried updating to version 5.7.2?
    • Does it work fine in an older version, like 5.5 or 5.6? On Windows you can have as many different versions as you want installed side by side and they won't interfere with each other. On Linux since the files are just self-contained AppImages they're not even installed so you can have as many different versions as you want ready to launch. On Mac... I don't know, unless someone is generous enough to donate a Mac I can't really help with then.

If you could provide a Cura project file (.3mf, get it set up then go to File > Save Project) of something that won't slice, that would help (to see if we can replicate the problem ourselves).

Also, if you could post the Cura log file that'd help. In Cura just do something that won't slice once or twice so it's in the log file, then go to Help > Show Configuration Folder and post the cura.log file here (you can attach it to the post by drag + dropping... please don't be one of the people who puts the entire log file in a post).