US3 breaking to not change extruders

Posted · US3 breaking to not change extruders

So our Ultimaker S3 extended seems to have decided that the switch for changing the extruder head is further back than it actually is while printing, I say while printing because I can run a switch calibration test and it works fine but when it tries to change materials during a print it goes to the right and then back towards the switch and then it just keeps trying to go back until I can hear the motor grinding. Then when it tries to move to print (some times I'll move the lever myself to see where it prints) it doesn't print anywhere near the calibrated location (I've run the X & Y calibration multiple times as well. 

We're running the latest firm ware, so no issues there. I saw one other forum post where someone had these same issues and I did try all their fixes with no luck I'll link that 

Any advice would be appricaited, I'm pulling my hair out at this point 

Capture3.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

cant see from your pictures but usually that points to a damaged limit switch
    (bent arm, etc)

16 minutes ago, Dustin said:

cant see from your pictures but usually that points to a damaged limit switch
    (bent arm, etc)

I thought that as well, but it seems to have no issue homing or preforming a switch test.

Is there a separate limit switch it uses during printing or something different that would make the one that usually works not work in this case?

if the arm is bent.. it can still pass those tests.. 
    pictures are needed for the x and y limit switches