Printer Issue - Stuck on Startup

Posted (edited) · Printer Issue - Stuck on Startup

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with my printer. When I turn it on, it gets stuck and doesn't display anything on the screen.

Could you please assist me in resolving this problem?

Thank you.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-02 à 18.40.33_0a443e94.jpg

Edited by adamskande073

Posted · Printer Issue - Stuck on Startup

Is this an S5?  If so then is it R1 (robot on side panel) or R2 (big "U" on side panel)?

I would do a firmware recovery.  Actually if you have an air manager or material station then I'd unplug that first and see if it boots.  If you don't have those then I'd do the "firmware recovery procedure" as the first step. You can contact your reseller for more information but the S5R1 has deadly voltages under the printer so you need to contact your reseller for safety information before you start.

https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1877434822572

If you do everything in the above link and it still won't boot up, don't give up.  I have tons more information here:

gr5.org/unbricking

Let us know which printer type you have.

• Like 1

Did it act any differently at all with the recovery process?  Did you read the steps carefully?  You can't just copy the files to the uSD.  You have to use special software to make a linux boot partition on the uSD and so on.  I mean it's very simple as the file has all the patitions defined but you can't do the normal copy method of normal file copying.

Did the display change at all?

If it was all just black but you are confident you created a bootable uSD then the next step is to get the olimex serial cable F.  Talked about in many places including my web page I linked to above.  That will let you watch the boot process and see where things go wrong.

Is this printer less than a year old?  If so then you should contact your reseller asap as well.

Also when you had the bottom cover removed - did any LEDs under there come on at all?  If not then maybe it's the power supply that's the problem.