I can't see in layer view

Posted · I can't see in layer view

image.png.5b992899afad267d49471befff062b1d.pngI recently switched to Cura Slicer instead of the Creailty one because its newer. the one problem I have been constantly having is that I can't see the 3d model in layer view. Every time I click preview I just see a silhouette of the model I'm 3d printing. The image above is what I see it as and I would like to see it layer by layer instead.

a full screen shot would be more useful. this one does not offer much of anything at all to go off of.

please share an UltiMaker Cura project file.
    It could be print setting related, or it could be drivers related.

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

please share an UltiMaker Cura project file.
    It could be print setting related, or it could be drivers related.

Also make sure "Force layer view compatibility mode" in the Cura settings is disabled.

2 hours ago, Poofpoof50 said:

How do I do that @Dustin

Get something set up like you're going to print it, then go to File > Save Project, which will save it as a Cura project .3mf file.

I think this is what you want @Dustin @Slashee_the_Cow

CE3V2_Salt shaket lid.zip

Looks like you're using a custom definition file for your printer - you'll need to post that (and any custom extruders or variants it might have) for us to be able to open it as a project - all I can say so far is that the model renders fine for me:
    image.png.14c9cf2a6cf0a986861dba8828d22e8d.png

My printer is just a stock ender 3 v2 and I use the preset setting found on cura for it. @Slashee_the_Cow

12 minutes ago, Poofpoof50 said:

My printer is just a stock ender 3 v2 and I use the preset setting found on cura for it. @Slashee_the_Cow

Weird then - the definition that comes with Cura is creality_ender3 (which covers both the E3 and the E3V2) but your project is saved with a definition for creality_ender3v2. Were they separate profiles at some point in the past maybe? 😕