Printer not printing

Posted · Printer not printing

Hi I had a problem with my printer where the material stopped flowing and it kept on printing nothing going through the motions. It seems to be doing it in the same position.It prints fine for about an hr then this happens. Any suggestions thanks Eddie 

There are just under a million reasons for that.  Most have to do with the hot end (heat creep, loose bowden tube, not enough tension on the extruder arm, etc.).

Knowing what printer you're talking about would be really helpful as would what material you are printing and the nozzle size.

• Like 1

Hi thanks I think the bowden tube wasn't locked in correctly looks ok now the problem I have now is the part I was printing is still preparing to print and no matter what I do it won't delete. Ive aborted the job powered off even uninstalled cura  and its still there any ideas It's an ulitmaker s5 printer Thanks again eddie 

If it's stuck on the preparing to print screen and won't move off of it even after powering off, then you may need to do a firmware recovery. If you have an older Ultimaker S5 (robots on the side panel) you'll need to reach out to support for safety information and the file.

If you have a newer S5 (letter U on the side panel) the instructions and file are online at Support.Ultimaker.com . The older and newer S5s use different electronics so it's important to have the right file for your machine.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply when I came into work this morning it was gone off it but it took hrs to clear thanks again. I'm not long using it and I'm the only one using it in work so no help in here