Compassion: Ultimaker 2 Vs. Stratasys UPrint-Se

gothampixel

Posted · Compassion: Ultimaker 2 Vs. Stratasys UPrint-Se

I like your title: comparison or compassion?

Sure, I tend to favor the small one, and especially when it achieves as good results as the big one in my opinion.

I do not say the UM are perfect (be it v1 or v2), but the big one really has a few major drawbacks.

Stratasys printers arnt really a great thing to compare to something 1/8th the price Ofc you will get the major drawbacks like the filament is £175 per cartridge so that's x2 because you need a support cartridge to print which isn't an option you have to print with support but it has it's bennifits that it can be super precise and accurate that's why there so expensive I personally run a dimension 1200es but being industrial means there's no open source stuff available for them such as there is a fixed layer height of 0.254mm and for the print se it's 0.174 but sat here printing my friends ultimaker is so much better than waiting 35 mins for the heated build chamber to warm upto 70° and the abs melts at 300° too hot for me but that's industrial for ya.

And you said about diassasembling one yeah you might not want to do that when one of the colleges turned the power of at the mains whilst it was booted up we had a guy come in anyway to change the head 2500 : /... And he had to take the complete case of the machine to re flash the software and it's £90 callout per hour