Unable to switch materials in the extruders

AlessandroCorsini

Posted · Unable to switch materials in the extruders

Good morning, I have a problem with Cura (version 4.13.1). I'm printing a bimaterial sample but I cannot switch materials from extruder 1 to extruder 2. Let's explain better: If I select Alumina in the extruder 1 and Steel in the extruder 2 and I slice, the preview is as I want. If I select Steel in extruder 1 and Alumina in extruder 2, in the preview my project is not as I want. 

What's the problem?

I attach the .3mf and the .stl project to better understand

PAMHT_Al2O3_316L.3mf

image.thumb.png.5627ab59a39ca897760ce74defffc5a6.png

image.thumb.png.d6c6070839332c6a83e6007b35daa0e0.png

image.thumb.png.9ac019122ac7842b059335bca105b2c6.png

image.thumb.png.7830b4a13e3f5ad029fe52fbcdb115e4.png

Al2O3_ext1-316L_ext2-preview.png

316L_ext1-Al2O3_ext2.png

316L_ext1-Al2O3_ext2-preview (no more holes).png

Al2O3_ext1-316L_ext2.png

316L_ext1-Al2O3_ext2-preview (no more holes).png

316L_ext1-Al2O3_ext2.png

Please attach a project file, so we get both the model AND your settings. I know this might be confusing, but if you use File -> Save project... you also create a 3mf file, but that 3mf file contains more information.

Without the project file, and with no description to go with your screenshots, I can only guess that the "yellow" material has the setting "Remove all holes" enabled, whereas the "green" material does not.

You appear to be using a custom machine definition - you'll have to put the file/s for that inside a zip file and post it here for us to be able to open your project as a project rather than just loading the models.