Cura plugins folder not present

RFdfo43ij3rf
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted (edited) · Cura plugins folder not present

I am trying to install a python plugin into Cura. It said to go to  ..\Ultimaker Cura x.x.x\plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts with the x.x.x being the version. I typed that after cd into the terminal but it said -bash: cd: ..Ultimaker: No such file or directory. I tried searching for it in Finder, but still nothing. I went into Cura and clicked the Show Configurations Folder, which had the plugins folder in it. I put the plugin into the folder and restarted Cura, but there was still nothing in the plugins section. Also, I don't know the version of Cura I have. Finder says it's 5.8.1, but the configurations folder said it was 5.8. I am using a Mac.

Edited by RFdfo43ij3rf

Posted · Cura plugins folder not present

There are "plugins" which are generally "Extensions" to Cura, and then there are "post processors" which generally make some changes to the Gcode after it has been completed by Cura.

Custom "Plugin" folders should go into your Configuration Folder.  In Windows mine is:

"C:\Users\_GregValiant_\AppData\Roaming\cura\5.8\plugins"

Plugins are multi-folder mini-apps.  You could add one to the installation folder like:

"C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.8.0\share\cura\plugins"

But if you update Cura to a newer version you could lose it.

Custom "Post-Processors" consist of a single Python file and would go into:

"C:\Users\_GregValiant_\AppData\Roaming\cura\5.8\scripts"

You could add it to the installation folder in:

"C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.8.0\share\cura\plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts"

But again, if it's in the installation folder you could lose it when upgrading to a newer version of Cura.