Poor Quality print

Rafa3DComponents

Posted · Poor Quality print

Hello
I have an S3 in my clinic to print guided surgery splints.
Everything has always worked perfectly, with good quality.

But for some time now I have been seeing that with the same printing parameters I have some really bad results.
I use double extrusion, PLA + PVA.
Well now the finishes are rough and whitish, because of the PVA.
I have always used SMARTMATERIALS materials.
I am very careful with humidity, and I always dry the materials in prepared dryers.
I leave some photos and a video, in the first one printed in bright grey and at 0.06 layer height, it is perfect. The second one printed with ash grey at 0.08 layer height is very rough, and with a whitish colour.

What can I do?

I have changed extruders. I have calibrated...

I have doubts that as I have updated CURA it has become worse and worse.

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-10-21 a las 11.18.34_911308b0.jpg

Posted · Poor Quality print

You can definitely try older versions of Cura.  I recommend you at least try that.  Go here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases

And look at the left edge of the screen.  Think about when you are confident the quality was better and what the year/month was and then look on the left side of the "releases" web page and go back to that time and download that version of cura.

Personally I'd then get rid of all configuration settings but have you customized settings much?  Maybe go over your customizations first before deleting everything.  To clean out all settings, in cura go to menu "help" "show configuraiont folder".  Then exit all running versions of cura.  Then in that configuration folder probably called something like 5.8.1, go to the folder above and delete all those folders there for all versions of cura.  Then launch the version of cura you want to try and it will recreate the configuration folder using default values.  If you don't delete all the older version config folders then it will try to grab configuration data from an older version of cura.

So try that first.  And when that doesn't work please post again back here and I have several other things for you to try.  By the way - how old is that darker gray filament?  Maybe get some from a different supplier that may not have a stockroom full of 3 year old filament.