Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jeff

problems of Z axe

Big, big problem on my Ultimaker 2, and I think it comes from the machine because I'm testing with the hotline makershop

In fact all objects that I print are trimmed at the base of a few millimeters

Therefore, call the hotline makershop, verif parameters Cura, everything is ok

Reset the machine recalibration, but still the same problem on the Z axis

Example: a cube 2x2cm fate nickel makershop at home but at the base it is transparent (two or three layer less material)

Token cart that must be at least 2mm, on my machine only 1mm thick

So my advice to connoisseurs as machine only 3 days!

Thank you to all

Sorry for my google english :oops:

all objects that I print are trimmed at the base of a few millimeters

Sounds like Cura issue.

In "Advanced" tab under "Quality" section, what is "cut off object bottom" set to?

In Cura: Try clicking on the object, then click the "scale" icon in the bottom left corner. It should tell you the current height of the object in mm. Does that agree with your result?

In Cura, also do "layer view" to see if some layers are missing maybe? Go up and down through the layers.

Could you post a photo of the object in layer view? And after printed?

To post photos click on "gallery" at the top left corner of this page, then the blue "upload" button.

Then after uploading photos, make a new post and click "my media" next to smile face icon.