Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
3poro

ABS from Ultimaker, anyone?

I wonder if anyone has recently received any ABS filament from Ultimaker... If you have, when did you place the order? Which color?

My experience is a farce - but I have "only" waited for a bit over a month. I ordered white and red ABS and have tried to add black ABS to my order as well. When I placed my order, the Ultimaker Store indicated "first week of March" availability for white ABS - there were no notes about poor availability for red or black. Soon after my order, I noticed the availability note for white ABS had changed to "Backordered until the first week of April". At this point I contacted Ultimaker and asked about the schedule. After several attempts, I still haven't received any information on when I might get my ABS filaments - except "as soon as they are in stock again".

End of last week I got information from Ultimaker that one color of ABS filament had arrived - which color, that information was not available. This didn't anyway mean that I would have received anything since.

Now I noticed the following notes on Ultimaker Store for white and black ABS:

"Backordered until the end of April"

As I haven't received my red ABS in over a month, I assume its availability is somehow limited as well.

So, as I can't get any availability information out from Ultimaker, I'm trying to extract some pieces of information from this forum. Maybe I'll be able to extrapolate some estimate for my delivery. Or maybe not.

Calimero,

I hope you will receive your filaments soon; the shortage notifications of ABS have been removed from the Ultimaker store. This doesn't mean I would have received all my filaments yet. On the other hand, I'm using less filament now as my UM2 broke on April 24 and I'm still waiting for the spare parts.