Nozzle clogged and no way to change filaments

Posted · Nozzle clogged and no way to change filaments

It was a great month of prints.. and everything was perfect (almost) as i wanted.

And now it's suddenly clogged again.

The problem now is that the filament is blocked in the head and as far as i can pull it can't go away.

I think that is formed a block under the white teflon in the nozzle that do not allow the filament to go away. This is something that happened other times and probably a wrong way to project the nozzle.

The spring that push down the teflon in the nozzle maybe is not a great system and sometimes it happen that a little block expand under the teflon and create a blockage.

So you need to unmount the head and start again.

Since is not a really big deal to unmount everything and try to repair the situation, it's however frustrating and i'm wondering if a better constructed nozzle could prevent that. Just to give you an idea, could be a great deal to have a teflon that screw in the nozzle perfectly.

By the way there should be a faster way to remove the filament from the nozzle or the filamens that sometimes remains in the bowden tube when you change the filaments. Maybe some kind of a middle aperture of the bowden tube for purging.