Ultimaker 1 with V2 Hot End + Ulticontroller For Sale

Posted · Ultimaker 1 with V2 Hot End + Ulticontroller For Sale

I've agreed to buy FingerPuk's Ultimaker 2 - so need to sell my trusty UM1.

The thing that attracts me to the Um2 is the higher print resolution. Many of the things I'm trying to print are very small (< 1cm^3) and need that extra definition.

In May 2013, I entered a competition on GrabCad to win one of a number of Ultimaker Printers - and as it turned out, I did win one.

This was my entry:

https://grabcad.com/library/kreepy-krawly-2-1

A couple of months later I receivied my Printer - and it's been fantastic! I've owned two previous printers, a RepRap Mendel and a BFB 3000 - but the Ultimaker produced results that were at least 4x better than either, and much faster!

I've used it a lot over the 10 months I've owned it, mostly making cool stuff.

It was one of the last UM 1's produced before the UM 2 was released and was factory assembled including the Mk 2 Hot end and Ulti-controller. I've added a flexible coupling on the Z-Drive which improves striping on tall prints, a better fan duct and an improved spool-holder which will take any filament spool design I've found so far.

I'll warranty that it's in good condition and perfect working order and I'll supply it with some filament (whatever is left on the current reel) and all the blue tape I have (several rolls). Enough to get you started same day.

I'd prefer not to mail it as I did not keep the original packaging - but I will deliver it personally for free within 100 miles of Horsham, West Sussex.

I have no idea what it's worth - but they seem to change hands on eBay for around £850 plus delivery. However, I hate selling on eBay - it seems to attract idiots!

Make me an offer in this ball-park and it's yours!

Here are a few of the (cooler) things I've printed recently:

um1.jpg

Replacement mechanism for under one of the keys on my Laptop.

um3.jpg

Prototype light housing (for 50mm MR16, 12v lamps)

um2.jpg

iPhone holder for my Land Rover

um5.jpg

Complete working planetary differential gearbox. The bolts are M6 for scale.

I'll try & grab some photos of the actual machine - but I figured you know what it looks like and would rather see what the print quality is like!

Si