Buy Raspberry Pi online in Amsterdam?

jameswood

Posted · Buy Raspberry Pi online in Amsterdam?

Hey guys!

I'm hoping someone can help. I live in Sydney, Australia. My stepbrother moved to Amsterdam a couple of years ago, and his birthday is coming up. I want to get him a Raspberry Pi (starter kit, with a case, SD card, PSU).

I could buy one here and send it, but ideally I'd like to buy it online from a place in or near Amsterdam to save on shipping. And to support local business by proxy!

I don't speak Dutch, so I need to find an online store with an English option. I've tried Googling but failed miserably. So, I thought I'd ask the closest thing I have to a Dutch friend, the Ultimaker forum.

Can anyone suggest a good online store, based in Amsterdam with an English-friendly site, that sells the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks!

This a price comparison list (from a dutch tech website) with a lot of web shops you could check out.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/320116/raspberry-pi-model-b-(512mb).html

edit; for example this one: http://www.kiwi-electronics.nl/raspberry-pi%C2%A0

And remember that 90% of the dutch also speak english, especially those working in the computer/technology related business.

Awesome, Dieselpower, thanks so much - Kiwi looks good.

I was impressed (and embarrassed...) by how many Dutch people I met in Amsterdam spoke English. Impressed because the standard was excellent, and embarrassed because I only speak English... pretty normal in Australia, but embarrassing by European standards!

Not quite by european standards. I've noticed that the level of english is much lower in other parts of europe.

I personally blame subtitles (instead of synchronization) on television for many dutch people speaking english. Atleast, that how I learned most of it.