Trouble with Gcode for Octoprint

cstcyr

Posted · Trouble with Gcode for Octoprint

So I setup octoprint today and connected it to my Ultimaker Orig. and I am having trouble with the filament diameter that octoprint is seeing and extrusion seems to be too slow. I made gcode files for a fast an a normal print of a model using Cura and uploaded them to octoprint.

Octoprint is showing the filament to be 1.93mm. I can't seem to find a setting for diameter and I think that makes sense since that would be set at the slicer.

There is a setting for Movement Speed Extruder but I think that is just for the control dialog.

Thanks for any help.

AFAIK, Octoprint does not display (or know) the filament diameter. I guess where it says "Filament: 1.93m", it is telling you it will use 1.93 meter of filament.

The number you can fill in on the Control tab is only for manual extrusion (and it is not a speed, but a length).

Octoprint basically copies the gcode file directly to the printer, without altering it. If it prints directly from Cura (over USB), it should also print with Octoprint (over USB).

AFAIK, Octoprint does not display (or know) the filament diameter. I guess where it says "Filament: 1.93m", it is telling you it will use 1.93 meter of filament.

The number you can fill in on the Control tab is only for manual extrusion (and it is not a speed, but a length).

Octoprint basically copies the gcode file directly to the printer, without altering it. If it prints directly from Cura (over USB), it should also print with Octoprint (over USB).

Yes now that I look at it you are right. That is the length of filament to be used.

I've printed both files with cura over usb with no problems. Wonder why I'm having trouble with octoprint with both files.

I don't know if you did this but in order to use Octoprint you have to set the gcode flavor to reprap instead of UltiGCode (i don't know if you guys use reprap gcode on UM1s)

I don't know if you did this but in order to use Octoprint you have to set the gcode flavor to reprap instead of UltiGCode (i don't know if you guys use reprap gcode on UM1s)

Yeah it looks like it's already set for RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter).

Some more trouble shooting I've done.

I have timed the large extruder wheel when using Cura over USB and OctoPrint. Both seem to be running at the same speed.

I am still consistently getting less extrusion when using octoprint. I had the thought today that it might be temperature. I have a cheap IR thermometer but it is maxing out so I can't compare the two empirically.

There is an offset for temp in octoprint but I'm not sure if that will actually make the temp higher or lower.

If I remember correctly Octoprint displays debugging info in the console (tab?).