Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
hcel

Poor quality base layer help

Hi Guys,

I received my ultimaker about a week ago and have been printing various things testing it out. Once thing i am commonly getting is a very poor quality layer where it is in contact with the glass build plate? Is this a levelling issue or should i be changing some of the settings in Cura to try and stop this?

Thanks

Russ

Hey Russ

It`s most likely a levelling issue, although could be a few other things too. If possible try to upload some images. If you are using glue, don't use too much! And also, set your bed temp to 60 degree, instead of the standard 75 degree. Are you using the ultimaker blue which ships with the machine too ?

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi guys thanks for the reply. I am currently using white filament, and the standard settings in cura, 260 nozzle temp and 75 bed temp for the entire print. Looking at Cura how do you specify different temperatures for the base layer? I have also tried levelling the machine numerous times using a sheeet of paper, is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Russ

Hi Skint,

I think there was a typo before i am printing at 220 with PLA. I will try change the bed temperature to 60 and see what happens. Just have to deal with a blockage first. I am in Surrey, where abouts are you?

Russ