Poor Base Layer and Print

Posted · Poor Base Layer and Print

Hello,

I am fairly new to using my Ultimaker2. I have had some successful prints, but mostly get poor prints (both attached). I have tried printing the same design without changing any settings and have very different outcomes. I have tried leveling the plate, heating the nozzle to 220C for the first layer, all the no avail! Does anyone have any advice to get better prints everytime.

On this most recent print, I aborted the print during the brim because ti wasn't coming out circular like it should (attached). Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have only posted a few examples, but I generally have more bad prints than good prints...

Print Speed: 40 mm/sec

Layer (Bad prints): .1 and .2 mm

Layer (Good Print): .06 mm (only worked sometimes)

Nozzle Temp: 220C for first layer, then down to 215C or 210C for longer prints

Buildplate: 70C for first layer then down to 65C

BadPrintBadShroudGoodDrive

It looks like your buildplate is too far off from the nozzle on the first layer, did you do the sheet of paper thing while leveling?

Did you change the settings on the 'initial layer thickness'?

Hey Valcrow,

Thanks for the response. I will try releveling it. I did use a sheet of paper, but someone new did the last leveling so it probably wasn't done properly.

As far as inital layer thickness, it is the same as defalut