I call it "Magic extrusions" for RepRap.

mnis

Posted · I call it "Magic extrusions" for RepRap.

Dear Ultimaker community :wub:

First I want to apologize for my bad English.

I hope you can understand what this is about anyway. :rolleyes:

I call it "Magic extrusions" (Magical profiles) for RepRap: :arrow:

RodBlock (8x33mm)

Currently I am doing a great bundle with many small and also larger printable parts, designed above all to easy to implement mechanical structures of RepRap 3D printers. But of course, can and should with the contents of this package a variety of frame structures can be generated easily.

MagicExtrusions(1)

I know it is certainly not an absolute novelty, but the real goal is:

Build almost the whole mechanical part of a DIY printer from even printed components.

MagicExtrusions :arrow:

MagicExtrusions(0)

Mainly around to 20x20mm aluminum profile strands, I am designing both large and small, as well as more or less complex, but primarily universally applicable standard components. Measuring, designing, printing, discarding, amazement, in almost every free minute. The profiles are also printable and of course part of the package.

MagicExtrusions

Needless to say, the basic package for anyone interested is soon made available without restriction, first to YouMagine and maybe later on Thingyverse. A Manual (Guide) with a few general and additional information, as well as tips and tricks, also existed in German language. On a hopefully useful translation in English, I just tinker.

Later extensions are then also more specific parts, Such as Motor mounts, fan grille, fan bracket, Endstop Holder, and much more. include.

So far I have just over 40 parts designed and slowly walk me out of ideas. The goal is a starter pack with at least 50 individual components. Maybe someone has some ideas on what things should be present in any case from the start.

Since the package is to provide absolute assurance that freedom of choice, done currently still many optimizations on the individual components. There are objects with particularly high stability, as well as material-saving trimmed objects still be available with sufficient stability from the beginning. Were also designed and all objects as possible for the absolutely simple and fast 3D printing.

MagicExtrusions(3)

Please send me a PM or write something in this thread, if you think of a certain object, or you have a special idea for the total package. Even if you find this idea generally good and one of your self-constructed objects like want to integrate in this package, also please let me know.

True to the motto:

Love it or leave it, I wish you a nice time ;)

Markus

Markus. It`s 11:00pm, ive had a few drinks watching the football :) Just wanted to say, GO FOR it ! What a great project! Nice gold bearing lol

I don`t have anything constructive to add to your list lol :p

Thank you, everything is no problem, I had already a few drinks, all without having to watch football. :blink:

I hope still you like later on more than just the golden ball bearings. :rolleyes:

And possibly come later some ideas. Anyway, I'm open to any inspiration at all times. ;)

Prost and pleasant hangovers. :p

Markus