Switch from quick to full should update settings

Blizz

Posted · Switch from quick to full should update settings

I would like Cura to update the expert settings (or at least ask me if I want to do that) whenever I make the switch from quick to full.

I realise its hard to do in the other direction, given that you can customise so much, but thats not really needed.

At least give us n00bs a bit of a headstart by reflecting the generic profiles in the advanced settings. :)

I have no idea what I can modify quality wise and would love to tinker beyond the "fast", "normal" and "high quality" settings without having to figure them out from the ground up.

There is a workaround, as you can load the settings back from gcode (so slicing with quickprint profile, and then loading them back in normal mode will give you the quickprint settings)

Quickprint is on the chopping block anyhow with PinkUnicorn.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to try that!

If the quick print will go, I hope there will be some included presets that can quickly be loaded and do something similar.

As a newbie with no previous 3d printing experience I have to say that I am struggling with all of the configuration options. Even after more than a week of pretty much continuous printing.

Some handholding for people like me might be "handy" :)