Question about filament loading in Cura 14.07

Nicolinux

Posted · Question about filament loading in Cura 14.07

Hi,

I didn't try the new firmware (my UM2 is going to be replaced very soon and I need to prepare it for shippment).

I've read in the "what's new" popup in Cura 14.07 about the "just load filament" option. What does it do?

And btw. how does one access the what's new window in Cura?

thx.

What happens, is that people that move their printers a lot, they use the change-material to remove the material. But then half-way shut off the machine, so they can transport the machine without a roll attached. However, they have to go trough the whole procedure again to load the material again. So I made a quick option which skips the first half of the change material.

(Also added an option to reduce the motor current in the motion settings. Not really useful for daily use, but could be useful if you replace the extruder stepper motor with something else)

So we also need a "just remove filament" option? :p

You have, if you turn the machine off before inserting new material ;-)