Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
macs

Endstops Hit!

Hi, i have a problem with the endstops of my ultimaker original:

the ulticontroller says "endstops hit: x" and if i move extruder along the y axis, the ulticontroller says also "endstops hit: y"!!

What does that mean??

Anyone know the reason?

Thanks a lot!

The endstops are those switches that click when you push the head to either of the 4 ends.

Do they seem to be working okay?

I know what are the endstops. I assembled my ultimaker original by myself. :)

I realized I have the same problem on the z axis.

I tryed to print an object, it starts ok and finish to print in the air!

The ulticontroller say always endstops hit (for all axis), soI would to know what can i do for solving this problem.

Thanks!!

All axes? Can you take a picture of the ulticontroller when the message is visible?

This sounds very strange.

Marlin has software endstops so you only need 3 endstops (not 6). So I would start by unplugging the other 3 endstops (z bottom, X right, Y rear).

To get all 3 endstops to trigger at the same time implies a bad PCB or bad Arduino. Maybe there is a bad ground somewhere? The circuitry is incredibly simple - just wiring right into the arduino:

A